- When ready to attach the probe, take the probe from its sterile packing. Remove the cover from the disposable probe connector as shown.
- Position the probe connector and handle as shown in Figure 2.
- Align the probe with the handle.
- Insert the blue connector tab into the distal end of the handle (Figure 4).
- Gently press the probe connector over the handle; press the tab on the umbilical connector to assist with engagement (Figure 5). An audible click will indicate the probe is properly connected.
- With the disposable probe locked into place, check articulation by moving level in each direction. The distal tip of the probe should flex in either direction.
Note: Expect flex of 90 degrees in the forward direction (anteflex) and 20 degrees minimum in reverse direction (retroflex).